Now that we have explored the simplest method of opening a “Material Receipts” screen, let’s try out one of the features of the WIN$ system. This is the “drop down” box, which will show you a list of purchase order numbers. You will type in at least three characters of the purchase order number to be located. These are called the criteria. To perform searches, you must type in at least three characters of the purchase order number.
The facts for this scenario are:
- The vendor is McJunkin Corporation.
- You have just received 8 couplings, 8 T’s, 8 red brass elbows and 8 SWT elbows
- You know the purchase order starts with “1PM” but you don’t know the remaining characters.
To find this purchase order:
- Click on the purchase order number box to the right of the “P.”
- Type in “1PM.” This is the criterion that WIN$ will use to search for purchase order numbers.
- Click on the drop down arrow to see a list of purchase order numbers.
Note: This type of access degrades system performance. When performing searches, type in more characters for faster response time.